Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Deed is Done!!

Shopping on Thursday wasn’t too successful as far as a wig but I bought a pattern and material to sew some bandanas….still had hair, I figured I won’t cut it until I have something to wear.

Friday was quit a day. We went to Sudbury for an appointment with my oncologist. He ordered the pathologist to re-check my first sample and confirmed the cancer has not changed but in fact it is the very, very rare one they rediagnosed me with the second time. One of three things will happen, chemo will kill it and it won’t come back, will be a long battle of trying different things to try and kill it or chemo won’t affect it and eventually will lodge into a an organ that can’t be helped. Didn’t really hear anything new. He is keeping a very close watch on any regrowth, the 2 tests I had last week were clear. I go for another CT next week and going back to see him after next round of chemo.

Then they sent us upstairs to the hairdresser/wig room. We got to try on several wigs (blonde one too) and bandana’s. By this time tons of hair was coming out and all I could do is put it up in a claw and do a “comb over” (never thought I would do one of those) in the front. Found a wig very close to my hair and when we came home we realized it was 100% human hair (bonus:) Rebekah then started giving me all these cool hairstyles….then the scissors started getting a little too close for comfort….and Nandor took over. He gave me a buzz cut. Sure feels funny. Kids still are getting used to it and Nandor says I look beautiful. I can live with that :)

Saturday was a relaxing day, I finally gave my room a good cleaning and just let my emotions and eyes leak. Then again like He promised the God of all comforts assured me that “He is closely watching in the hard places and will not allow one trial too many, He will let the dross be consumed and then He will come gloriously to our help.” A Slowman.

Putting Friday’s devotional in my own words…. Its like one day walking past a beautiful meadow. Green grass, birds singing, cows in the shade…the very picture of contentment. Then the next day walking past the same meadow which is now plowed, the ugly bare brown earth exposed. Until we get a vision of what that field will look like when it is ready for the glorious harvest we can not appreciate the ugly brown earth.
“Oh that we might always catch the vision of an abundant harvest, when the great Master Plowman comes, as he often does, and furrows through our very souls, uprooting and turning under that which WE thought most fair, and leaving for our tortured gaze only the bare and the unbeautiful.” “Why should I start at the plough of my Lord that maketh the deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman, He purposeth a crop.” S. Rutherford.

Anticipating the abundant harvest!!
Miriam

3 comments:

  1. "The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
    The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:5-8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Miriam, what a beautiful devotional you shared with us. I have a lump in my throat. Praise God for His grace. You're beautiful, not only in terms of your looks, but in that you have given us all a glimpse into the beauty of our God, who is doing an awesome work that we don't understand right now, but that will one day be breathtaking to look at.

    Love, Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam, you have an inspiring spirit and that's what a true Christian should have in times of trouble or otherwise. The Lord is your strenght, hang in there because He's working on your miracle and when He's done, it shall be permanent in Jesus name, amen. Will continue to remember you in my prayers. Stay blessed

    ReplyDelete