Friday, November 20, 2009

Radiation is Finished!!!

These past 7 weeks just flew by. As you can see I haven’t been keeping the blog updated. I was just too tired most nights. Going through this treatment was very exhausting. The nurses get us up at 7:00am, there is no time to sleep in or take it easy. Most of the day was traveling to the hospital, waiting for the treatment, getting treatment, blood work, traveling back to the lodge. After the first 2-3 weeks I was just too tired to take my walks to TBS. But remember one of my worries at the beginning that I will be all alone? Well the Lord made sure that did not happen. I was surrounded by people all the time. I met several believers and all kinds of wonderful people at the lodge and the hospital. The neatest thing is we were all going through cancer and we could all support each other in our battles.
I also sensed the prayers of you all….some days when it was especially difficult and all I wanted to do is stay in bed and mope, someone was praying and I had the strength to get up, put one foot in front of the other and go… God works in mysterious ways through the prayers of His people. I not just felt the prayers but was reminded of them practically by the phone calls, little gifts that I opened everyday from the ladies at church, the verses my husband would text me, cards and emails. I feel saying thank you is just not enough but…Thank You!!
These next 2 weeks will be a bit hard, they say some symptoms will be worse before they get better. I am experiencing bowel issues, burns on my lower back and lack of appetite.
I have learned so many things in these past weeks but one of the biggest lessons is how much my Father in Heaven loves and cares for His children!!!!

Through the LORDS mercies we are not consumed,
Because of His compassions fail not
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion says my soul,
Therefore I hope in Him!!

In His Hands,
Miriam

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Miriam! HALLELUJAH!!! You made it through the 7 weeks! I am so glad you're done. I had a great time with you last Monday. It seemed like all your fellow patients were enjoying having you there. I am sure that you have touched their lives in ways that you don't even realize. May the Lord continue to show you His compassion and care as you go through these two difficult weeks. We'll be praying. Love, Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Miriam...So glad that you are home and that the radiation is done...We have missed you so much!!!!!...It just brings tears to my eyes what you have endured but your trust, faith and love for the Lord shines out from you ...And knowing you are in His hands must bring you great comfort....I hope and pray that the next few weeks are okay and if you need anything at all ..Please know we are here for you...When you are feeling up to it ...Would love to get together for a visit...Love and hugs to you all.....Tara and family....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam - we are SO glad you're home and it was wonderful to see you today!
    Over and over we're reminded that God looks after His people, and He is so evident in your life. You teach us so much about faith and trust. What a blessing.
    Give us a call any time - if you need something or just for a visit!
    Love,
    Beth, John and Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miriam...we have praying here in California. Praising God for your wonderful godly attitude. We haven't heard anything since your last post is Nandi o.k.? His foot? We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
    Love,
    Andy and Lil Simonji

    ReplyDelete