Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Toronto

Well, here I am in the big city of Toronto. I am overlooking Yorkdale mall and the never ending traffic. Nandor had a seminar to attend in the area today so we came yesterday and stayed at the Holiday Inn. God even had that planned… Today is my first radiation treatment at 2:30 then we will go over to the Princess Margaret Lodge to settle in for the next few days and Nandor will go home. This is all so new, I am a bit nervous but I really sense that the Lord is with me. I am so used to being with my family or having them close by… so that kind of hurts… but I know this has all been orchestrated by the Lord and His purposes will be revealed as I put one foot in front of the other and move forward for His glory....
Please pray with me that I will have opportunities to minister to others around me and that I would be sensitive to them. It is so easy in this situation to be self centered, self absorbed and miss what is going on around me. I have been given so much, Lord help me to give it away…
Also please pray that as I go through these radiation treatments, the bowels and other organs will not get damaged. I think I wrote this verse in the past but I will do it again, it means so much to me.

But now, thus says the Lord who created you:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you
I have called you by your name;
You are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE FIRE, YOU SHALL NOT BE BURNED
NOR SHALL THE FLAME SCORCH YOU.
For I AM the Lord your God.
Isaiah 43:1-3

Please pray for my family at home.

In His Hands,
Miriam

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nandor and Miriam:-) Just read your latest post. Toronto sure is a busy place, especially when your from Trout Creek:-) If you are allowed out at all and need a drive, please feel free to come for a visit and a meal! You's are more than welcome!905-628-3535 ( we live 5 minutes from the meat plant on Hwy 8) Grant & I will pray that your treatment goes well and will have no negative effects on your internal organs. God is alongside you all the way:-) So are we!! Lots of love, thoughts and prayers are sent your way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam ......you are always in my prayers!!!!Please call me ...if you get lonely in the Big city ..or if you need anything or any help with the kids!!!Can you leave me a number that i can reach you!!

    Love your Bro!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam! Deuteronomy 31:6-Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.I love you and am waiting to hear from you. We are always praying, praying for you and your treatments that the physicians and nurses are being guided by God's hand. Love you so much xoxoxox Ryan, Christina, Alicia, Sarah, and Keith :)

    ReplyDelete