Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 1 of Chemo

I started my new “job” today :) Things went well. I had a really good night sleep and was up bright and early. We arrived at the hospital at 8:30 and finished at about 3:00. Nandor made it back to his other job to put in a few hours anyways. Thanks be to God and his employer that they are really good with letting him take whatever time he needs. After a whole slew of things they needed to tell us about the chemo I sat on my throne. (really comfortable lazy boy type chair) I got hooked up and meds flowed in for the next 4.5 hours. Its kind of boring but we chatted with each other, nurse, patients, watched a chemo video, yeah… and got an awesome foot massage.(this is great I keep being treated like a queen) Two songs I thought of today were How Great thou Art and When Peace Like a River…..Wow did you ever hear/sing those words? Yes, to my shame many times I just sang them without really thinking…But they are powerful.

I took these verses with me today: Isaiah 43:1-3

But now, thus says the Lord, who created you,…
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you,
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
I am the Lord your God!!!!

I'm glad I can write this update today, I figure when I feel good I’ll do it and when I don’t (will have those days too) I won’t.

Your prayers have been so appreciated, through them God blesses and encourages us. Wow what a deal, God is amazing!!!

In His Hands and for His Glory,
Love,
Miriam

3 comments:

  1. Miriam,
    We are thinking of you all day. Your walk with the Lord is truly an inspiration to us. I would really like to sit with you on your next chemo treatment if you don't mind. Just trying to figure out logistics with Christina. Lots of hugs!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! If you need a driver/ babysitter/ foot massager/ visitor etc. just let me know!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam
    I am thinking of you all the time!!!And im amazed at home much strength the lord can give a person in trying times!!!!!!!

    Love Your Big Brother

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete