Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Update

Its been 2 months since I last wrote…wow time sure flies….I am still feeling really good overall. The regular numbness/pain in my hands and feet caused by chemo nerve damage are still there but I guess I am getting used to it and its really not that bad. Some days I feel so good that this whole cancer/chemo/radiation thing seems like a dream and the only evidence I see is when I look in the mirror…I have really curly short hair…
I am back to my regular life…it feels so good to be able to do all the normal things…like cooking, cleaning, shopping, teaching and on and on. We are really busy with school, work, hockey, traveling, church etc.
Before I forget…I went back to Sunnybrook a few weeks ago to see my radiation doctor for a follow up. Everything seems to be going well. My next appointment is in May to see my oncologist. Its still kind of a tough place to be because we still don’t know if any of this treatment worked. Time will tell…And as this time passes many times I get thinking about the what if’s but the Lord is constantly teaching me to TRUST in Him and not my circumstances, tests etc. My constant prayer is that He would fill my heart with love, trust and delight in Him so that my mind has no room for fear ….This is where my battle lies…please pray to that end for me.
Last week I met for lunch with 3 ladies that were in treatment with me in Toronto. We went out for Chinese food in Barrie and just enjoyed each others company. I try to keep in touch with several of people I met during treatment. It’s a really neat connection to have and keep.
Another really neat thing is Nandor and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on Feb 3rd….yes that is 20....I still can’t believe it…..God has been so faithful…

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers….it seems like I keep saying it but I really mean it…without the support of my praying friends and family I don’t know what I would do…I leave you today my favorite Psalm…I remember memorizing Ps 27:4 as a little girl….not even having a clue of what it meant....but through the years it has become very precious to me…

PSALM 27

1- The LORD is my light and my salvation
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life
Of whom shall I be afraid?

4- One thing I have desired of the LORD
That will I seek
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD
And to inquire in His temple

5- For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me

14- Wait on the LORD,
be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart,
wait, I say, on the LORD…

In His Hands,
Miriam

5 comments:

  1. Awesome to see your new post Sis!!!!We are so glad you are feeling better!!!!Hopefully if things work out we will see you Easter time!!!

    Love Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miriam,
    I had a great time on the phone with you this morning (March 9-- your birthday!!), and now I'm reading your latest blog post, and I have to tell you-- I remember that verse (Ps.27:4) as being very special to you when we were young. So much so that every time I have read it in my Bible over the last 20+ years, I have thought of you!
    I've been so blessed by our friendship, and I'm thankful that God has given you another year to live for Him. Wow, what a year it has been for you. But His grace has proven to be sufficient and will always be. Love, Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miriam...every few days i check for new posts since christmas and now I am overjoyed to see you write again!! you are so precious and beautiful :) Wow, Glory to God in the highest! you are a treasure..I hope to see you in a few weeks..Love you forever and always..Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Miriam.........I am SO happy that you are better and free of disease!!! And as for your hair growing in so curly - IT"S BEAUTIFUL !!! I'd take those curls any day!! Wait until it gets a little longer, you'll love it!!! You're a beautiful woman, curly, straight, short, long or even no hair - you're Gods creation and everything he makes is beautiful. May God continue his blessings on you and HAPPY Belated birthday Miriam - hope you had a wonderful time!! XOXOXO's
    Klarika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Miriam... I love you and can hardly wait to see you... Happy LATE Birthday!! Time flies ... that is for certain... Happy Anniversary too! Love you... mary

    ReplyDelete